I am an independent conceptor, director, copyright-reform advocate, and speaker on creativity/building internet video audiences. For three years have co-curated and co-hosted Boing Boing TV on Virgin America (Channel 10) with Xeni Jardin. I gave a TED Talk on the topic of storytelling.
In 2012 I launched CDZA, a collective of conservatory-trained, NYC-based musicians creating musical video experiments and performing at Google events. In summer of 2013, built the first Fantasy TV experience with "Betting Bad", a game where fans can place bets on the events of the final season of Breaking Bad.
My style mostly includes obsessive themes of compilation, remix, reductionism, culture-commentary.
- Directing the story of President Obama's last 5 in office for his official campaign.
- Concepting and making the first Google Zeitgeist annual recap video.
- Telling the story of how we get our fish using tiny miniatures.
- Creating a campaign for non-profit Mama Hope by editing a video of a 9 year old boy recapping the movie Commando. Doing a sequel of this campaign by showing African men playing up Hollywood Stereotypes of being violence-obsessed warlords.
- My first remix Creating a seven minute supercut recap of The Sopranos.
Click HERE for more work history.